We advise on all major aspects of corporate law. Our scope of advice includes in particular M&A and Joint Venture transactions, company law, corporate restructurings, corporate governance and compliance as well as labor law and regulatory matters.
Our clients are small and medium size as well as large corporations (listed and unlisted) and groups across various sectors. Understanding the respective industry both in Japan and Germany allows us to give our clients tailored advice in particular in the German-Japanese environment. Before this background, our clients appreciate, that we do not only provide sound legal advice in their most sensitive matters but also are prepared to be a strategic advisor to our clients.
Rather small but focused and always prepared to walk an extra mile has earned us a reputation as creating additional value for our clients and (at least sometimes) making the seemingly impossible actually possible.
General corporate advice we can give includes in particular:
- formation of companies and setting-up of branch offices and representative office both in Japan and Germany
- preparation of shareholder meetings and shareholder resolution
- corporate governance matters such as board structure and composition, management compensation policies and succession planning
- compliance structures
- corporate restructuring and mergers, demergers and conversions
- capital increases and decreases, debt-equity swaps and other restructuring matters
- capital market related matters such as squeeze outs, delistings and in cooperation with Atsumi & Sakai IPOs in Japan
Our team includes lawyers fluent in Japanese, English, German, Chinese, Spanish and French. This allows us to read, understand and comment on documents in these languages without translation and we can also communicate in these languages.