We advise our clients in all aspects which are relevant for the fashion industry throughout the entire product chain, starting with design, import, supply, production and then advertising, sale and marketing of the products.
Our recent experience includes:
- Acting as Corporate Counsel for a leading Italian luxury brand manufacturer in all legal matters in Japan.
- Ongoing assistance of Japanese start-ups in the fashion business.
- Assisting an U.S. based online fashion database company in restructuring its shareholder structure
- Entering the Japanese market with a Unique Selling Point (USP) for a product and protection of the USP
- Introducing and designing partnerships for functional fashion with nanotechnology materials
- Promotion of ethnic fashion as support of local economy in Africa, e.g. assisting and supporting crowdfunding for establishment of the Maasai Shanti Foundation
- Advising start-up on providing intelligent fashion magazine on smartphones individually curated fashion news for each user’s taste and providing to brands unique consumer metrics without infringing privacy
How we can help your business:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiation of all relevant contract documents (e.g. distribution, licensing, advertising and supply, customer, concession, franchise and agency agreements).
- Having Chinese speaking attorneys and Chinese qualified attorneys (at Atsumi & Sakai) we are in position to draft, review and negotiate also supply agreement with Chinese counterparties, even if they are in Chinese or governed by Chinese law.
- Advice on import and export regulations
- Advice and litigation re grey market import and counterfeit products
- Setting-up a representative office, a branch office or a company in Japan or Germany
- Know-how protection, trademarks, licensing and other IP issues.
- Litigation, arbitration and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution