We advise in particular in Japan on all sorts of financing and finance related agreements in most cases jointly with our partner firm Atsumi & Sakai who is one of the leading finance law firms in Japan. Our clients include Japanese, European and US banks and other financial institutions as well as corporate clients. We advise both lenders and borrowers in relation to a wide range of sectors.
Furthermore, we also advise banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions on regulatory matters. We have also a strong focus on FinTech and closely monitor the development in Europe and Japan.
For our clients engaging a firm that has a foreign law joint enterprise with one of the leading finance firms in Japan and having offices at the European financial centers in London (Atsumi Sakai Europe Ltd) and Frankfurt (Atsumi Sakai Janssen Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH) is a determining factor. Our clients appreciate in particular, that we are not only familiar with the Japanese standards or the European standards but have knowledge of both and are aware of the latest developments and business standards in both regions.
General finance & banking advice that we give includes in particular advising on:
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating acquisition and leveraged finance agreements
- syndicated finance
- asset finance and leasing finance
- project financing including in particular on renewable energy projects
- financial restructurings
- legal opinions on finance and security documents
- shareholder loans, intra-group financing and cash pooling agreements
- all sorts of security documents
- bonds, warrants and other debt capital market products
- FinTech and crowdfunding
Our team includes lawyers fluent in Japanese, English, German, Chinese, Spanish and French. This allows us to read, understand and comment on documents in these languages without translation and we can also communicate in these languages.