We are advising our clients on all relevant issues regarding intellectual property protection, competition law and copyright law. We also provide counsel on the most efficacious methods of establishing and developing IP holdings so clients can realize the most value from those assets.
Furthermore, we are experienced in commercial, legal and regulatory issues in the information technology, telecommunications, media and e-commerce industries.
Our clients appreciate that we are familiar with key contractual terms in the relevant sectors and our ability to come up with innovative solutions.
IP law related advice that we give includes in particular advising on:
- negotiation, review and drafting of sale and purchase as well as other technology transfer and license agreements regarding industrial property rights
- defense against trademark and product piracy and patent infringements
- prevention of counterfeiting and distribution of gray-market goods through injunctive relief
- intellectual property management and IP strategy
- IP transactional matters
- employee inventions
- due diligence investigations
Our team includes lawyers fluent in Japanese, English, German, Chinese, Spanish and French. This allows us to read, understand and comment on documents in these languages without translation and we can also communicate in these languages.