We advise on local and cross-border disputes in Japan and in Germany in and out of court including complex litigation in commercial and corporate law matters. We give our clients guidance in courts, tribunals, and before governmental bodies. In public law matters we liaise to the extent possible and appropriate with the respective law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities.
When dealing with litigation, our aim is to resolve any disputes as efficiently as possible keeping in mind our clients best interest.
Our clients engage us for litigation matters as the solutions we are offering are always practical and commercial, aiming at managing risks smartly and avoid litigation if appropriate.
Litigation advice that we give includes in particular advising on:
- domestic and international arbitrations
- shareholder disputes
- disputes arising from M&A transactions and Joint Ventures
- insolvency and restructuring related disputes
- mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution
- in and out of court settlements
- arbitration clauses
- regulatory investigations and disputes with public authorities
- internal compliance investigations and conduct them
Our team includes lawyers fluent in Japanese, English, German, Chinese, Spanish and French. This allows us to read, understand and comment on documents in these languages without translation and we can also communicate in these languages.