We have in-depth knowledge of the Japanese pharmaceutical and natural health products industry. This enables us to understand the business imperatives and issues facing our clients in this field.
Our clients in this sector range from start-up biotech companies to leading European pharmaceuticals and biotechnology companies and include specialty pharmaceutical businesses and medical device companies. Apart from our expertise, we are renowned for creating innovative solutions to problems
Our recent experience includes in particular:
- acting for a leading German pharmaceuticals group in the successful acquisition of a Japanese generic pharmaceutical business, its later divestment, as well as further related transactions and bids in this field
- advising development of contracts for Research and Development cooperation and
- counseling on regulatory measures in case of possible product recalls
How we can help your business:
- advice on (national or multijurisdictional) M&A, joint venture transactions and other collaborations as well as flotations
- advice on regulatory compliance
- counselling on the classification of products with regard to the differentiation between pharmaceuticals, quasi drugs (cosmetics), medical products, food and food additives, and chemicals
- advice on the obligations and rights under applicable advertising, labelling and marketing regulations and review of respective materials to ensure compliance with legislation and industry codes
- drafting and negotiation of licensing, outsourcing and distribution as well as agency agreements
- counseling on intellectual property, including review, exploitation, protection and infringement issues
- defending your rights through litigation and arbitration
- advice and developing of comprehensive strategies in connection product recalls and product liability cases
- advice in connection with competition, antitrust and compliance issues.