1. Name and contact details of the controller
Controller: Atsumi & Sakai Janssen Foreign Law Joint Enterprise, (Reception: 26F), 2-2-2 Uchisaiwaicho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0011 Japan
TEL: + 81- (0) 3-6205-7950
FAX: + 81- (0) 3-6205-7959
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.asj-law.jp, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information will be collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- used browser and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned are processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. In no case we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
b) When registering for our newsletter
If you have expressly consented, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR, we use your e-mail address to regularly send you our newsletter. For the receipt of the newsletter the indication of an e-mail address is sufficient.
Deregistration is possible at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can also send your unsubscribe request to email@example.com via e-mail.
c) When using one of the available contact options
If you have questions of any kind, we offer you the possibility to contact us via the channels mentioned on this website (telephone, fax or e-mail). The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR based on your voluntarily granted consent.
Please note that data transmission over the Internet (for example, when communicating via e-mail) may have security vulnerabilities. A complete protection of the data from access by third parties is not possible.
3. Disclosure of data
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place.
We only share your personal information with third parties if:
- You have given express consent according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR is a legal obligation, as well
- this is legally permissible and according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
In the cookie information is stored, which results in connection with the specific device used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
In addition, to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again to take advantage of our services, it will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and what inputs and settings you have made, so you do not have to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies are for the purposes mentioned in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as third parties according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR required.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or always a hint appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you cannot use all features of our website.
5. Analysis Tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are based on Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures to be used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
b) Google Analytics
For the purpose of customizing and continually optimizing our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.com/intl/en/about/) (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, hereafter “Google“). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see point 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type / version,
- used operating system,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of server request,
are transmitted to a Google server in the US and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and tailor-made website design. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data in the order. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with any other data provided by Google. The IP addresses are anonymized, so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting the browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case not all features of this website may be fully exploited.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https: //tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
For more information about privacy related to Google Analytics, see the Google Analytics Help Center (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
c) WordPress.com services
We use WordPress as the basis for the operation of our site. WordPress is a software that is available as an open source project for anyone to create and run their own homepage (www.wordpress.org).
Auttomattic Inc. is the operator of the blogging platform wordpress.com and has contributed in many ways to the development of WordPress. Among other things, Auttomattic provides a variety of plug-ins for the WordPress software. Our website uses the Akismet and Jetpack plug-ins and is linked to its own wordpress.com account. We do not use these plug-ins in their entirety, just their security and analytics to protect our site from attacks and gather usage insights that allow us to continually improve our web presence.
For more information about privacy related to these plug-ins, visit https://automattic.com/privacy-notice/
6. Social media plug-ins
We rely on our website, on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, on Social Plug-ins (or Like or Sharing Buttons) from the social networks Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Xing to make our firm better known. The underlying commercial purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. Responsibility for the operation compliant with data protection is to be guaranteed by their respective providers.
The integration of these plug-ins by us is done by means of the so-called two-click method (using the plug-in Shariff, https://wordpress.org/plugins/shariff/) to protect visitors to our website in the best possible way. When you visit our pages, these plug-ins are initially inactive by default. Only if you actively click on one of the sharing buttons will it be activated, and the following information will become relevant.
If you visit a page of our website that contains such a plugin and then click on one of the sharing buttons, your browser establishes a direct connection with the servers of the respective provider. The provider receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have an account with this provider or are currently not logged in. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted by your browser directly to a server of the respective provider and stored there.
If you have a user account maintained and logged in with the respective provider, the respective provider can directly assign the visit of our website to your account. The latter may use this information for the purpose of advertising, market research and the needs-based design of its pages. For this purpose, mostly usage, interest and relationship profiles are created, e.g. to evaluate your use of our website with regard to the advertisements displayed to you by the provider, to inform other users about your activities on our website and to provide other services related to the use.
If you do not want the data collected via our website to be assigned to your social media account, you must log out of the respective provider before clicking on the sharing button.
7. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can provide information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a The right to complain, the source of their data, if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their details;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the correction of incorrect or completed personal data stored by us immediately;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, except where the processing is for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims is required;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject their deletion and we no longer need the data, but you this to assert, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR to obtain your personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person responsible;
- pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR your once granted consent to revoke against us at any time. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
- according to Art. 77 GDPR to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our office.
- If your personal data are based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR are processed, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Data security
We use the popular SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method within the site, in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we’ll use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is encrypted is shown by the closed representation of the key or lock icon in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.