We advise both on national and international public law issues. We give public law advice regarding various sectors including energy (with a clear focus on renewable energy), banking and insurance regulation, environmental law, food, chemicals, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, as well as real estate and IT including in particular telecommunications technology.
Furthermore, we always provide sector-specific advice, working closely together with specialist from our cooperation partner Atsumi & Sakai.
Our clients appreciate in particular, that we have good connections to public authorities and associations which often allows us to clarify public law issues fast and efficiently.
Public law advice that we give includes in particular advising on:
- privatizations and public-private-Partnership (PPP)
- environmental law, in particular in connections with M&A and real estate transactions as well as renewable energy projects
- international public law, including free trade agreements and investment treaties
- legal issues in connection with regulated industries, such as renewable energy, media, banking and finance as well as infrastructure and telecommunications, healthcare and transport
- obtain and preserving official permits
- public planning and construction law
- public law agreements with authorities
- competition and antitrust matters
- data protection and privacy matters
- public subsidies and state aids, helping clients to receive such funding or retaining it even if the initial conditions for the funding are no longer met and defending our clients’ interest when a competitor is illicitly subsidized.
Our team includes lawyers fluent in Japanese, English, German, Chinese, Spanish and French. This allows us to read, understand and comment on documents in these languages without translation and we can also communicate in these languages.