We advise on all aspects of IT and data protection law, including national and international IT and outsourcing projects.
Furthermore, we are closely following the development of new technologies and its legal implications, including in particular Internet of Things (IoT), digital health, data security, FinTech and Industry 4.0. We are leading various initiatives regarding Industry 4.0 and are fostering cooperation of Japanese and European companies on new technologies, such as artificial intelligence and nano technology.
Our clients appreciate as our IT law specialist have an in-depth understanding of the sector and are prepared to think outside the box.
IT/TMT law advice that we give includes in particular advising on:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating software license agreements and other IT-agreement
- IT outsourcing projects
- e-commerce and regulatory requirements for websites and sales platforms including privacy advice
- data protection, cross-border flows of personal data and the necessity to have a data protection officer and further data protection-compliant structuring of business models
- cloud computing concepts
- media regulatory law advice in particular in connection with M&A transactions and other technology-related transactions
- transitional service agreements
- hardware acquisition and group-wide hardware rollout projects
Our team includes lawyers fluent in Japanese, English, German, Chinese, Spanish and French. This allows us to read, understand and comment on documents in these languages without translation and we can also communicate in these languages.