The leading Japanese law office ATSUMI & SAKAI and JANSSEN FOREIGN LAW OFFICE have entered into a Foreign Law Joint Enterprise to form integrated legal teams in the closest form of cooperation between Japanese and foreign lawyers. In this way, we combine the bridge function of a foreign law office with the legal expertise of a leading Japanese law firm.
With about 100 Japanese and foreign professionals in practice groups covering the entire field of business law, ATSUMI & SAKAI is one of the ten largest Japanese law firms. In order to better serve clients, the firm has established a foreign law joint enterprise in Japan with senior foreign lawyers. Building on its award-winning practices, the firm has been recognized for both excellence and its innovative capability in fields as various as cross border transactions, banking (including syndicated loans, securitization/structured finance, and project finance), Mergers & Acquisitions, Energy, Oil/Gas, Construction/Infrastructure, Antitrust law, cross border litigation and insolvency/ADR, the creation and management of investment funds, IP/IT practice both inbound and outbound, and labor and employment law.
Based on our over 15 years of experience in legal consulting for European investors in Japan and our thorough understanding of their needs, JANSSEN FOREIGN LAW OFFICE can make best use of the rich resources of ATSUMI & SAKAI in order to create a fully integrated and specialized team of Japanese and foreign lawyers for each case.
For its services in Europe, JANSSEN FOREIGN LAW OFFICE has a broad network of reputable and dependable professionals, including the ATSUMI & SAKAI network.
Consultation in Various Languages
ATSUMI & SAKAI and JANSSEN Foreign Law Office and ATSUMI & SAKAI JANSSEN Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH are able to consult in Japanese and German law in English, Japanese or German. Furthermore, our lawyers speak Chinese, French and Spanish.
- [Seminar] Reform of EU Data Protection Rules under the GDPR December 21, 2017
- ‘Brexit’ Newsletter – Implications for Financial Institutions (1) September 28, 2017
- [Seminar] “Global Compliance in the Age of Data Protection – Latest Trends of the EU General Data Protection Regulation” July 20, 2017
- Openings for Japanese Lawyers in our Tokyo Office June 19, 2017
- CeBIT Event: Industrie 4.0, IoT and AI – Legal and Social Challenges / German-Japanese Value Partnership March 23, 2017